Product Description & Reviews
Fingersafe® is a finger pinch protector guard that prevents fingers from being pinched, crushed or AMPUTATED at the hinged end of doors. Each year it is estimated there are nearly 300,000 door-related finger injuries world wide. Many include serious injuries such as broken bones and amputation. Fingersafe® is Underwriter Laboratory (UL) certified with a fire rating of four hours. It can be installed on any fire door and has been tested and complies with the following standards: NFPA 252, UL 10B, UL 10C, ASTM E-152, CAN4 S-104, and UBC7-2 (1997). Fingersafe® was awarded a United States Government contract and is the recommended door safety product for US Government and Military child care facilities. Fingersafe® USA, Inc. is the founder and leader of the original finger pinch protector guards for door hinges. We have been said to be "The Best New Safety Product to Hit America in 50 Years" by Joe Kaplan, National Safety Council in 1996. Many try, but no other company puts out the quality product that Fingersafe® USA, Inc. has for over 20 years. Don't let the "no screws" pitch fool you as adhesives will deteriorate in time. Our quality product has been tried and true and with proper installation will last a lifetime. Fingersafe is compatible with all types of standard hinged doors including: fire doors, wood, metal, aluminum, YKK type openings and dutch doors. Resistant to UV light, Fingersafe is designed for interior or exterior use. Specific uses include schools and other educational facilities, childcare and healthcare centers, homes for the elderly and infirm as well as residential use. It is commercially specified for restaurants, fast food outlets, as well as government and military buildings.
Features & Highlights
- The Fingersafe Door Safety System is designed to fully protect the hinge area of the door. Pieces are sold individually if a child only has access to one side of a door ex: office, or closet.
- This product will fit wood, aluminum, metal, stainless steel , and UPVC doors and will allow the door to operate in excess of 180 degrees. It can be modified to accommodate doors or gates with a maximum opening of 16″ wider openings up to 8.5 inches (21.5cm).
- Full installation instructions, screws and fixing strips are included with every order. High impact resistance and easily cleaned with common household cleaners.
- Constructed of high-quality PVC (UL V-O rated) with TPE hinges. Complies with NFPA 252, UL lOB, UL 10C, ASTM E152, CAN4 S-104, UBC 7-2 (1997).
- Fingersafe is approved for use in any four-hour fire-rated door assembly. Fingersafe is UL classified. Durability: U.V. and high impact resistance. Easily cleaned. Fingersafe is UL classified. Made in the USA.
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.